Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At Kneesall C of E Primary School within a stimulating, caring, Christian environment, we aim to prepare our children for the wider world by providing a broad and balanced education, which always encourages personal achievement.
We aim to:
- To ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEN provision as early as possible in their school career (this would include minority ethnic and faith groups, looked After Children, EAL students , Able, Gifted & Talented, children who are at risk of disaffection and/ or exclusion etc.)
- To make sure that the arrangements made for pupils with special educational needs are in line with the requirements of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all pupils according to their needs.
- To make sure that pupils with special educational needs are able to take part in all the activities of the school including those that take place outside of school hours.
- To make sure that all our pupils are involved, where practicable, in decisions made about them and their education and their future SEN provision.
- To make sure that we involve our parents in school life and keep them informed about their children’s progress and attainment.