Dear Class 1 Parents,
Welcome to Class 1! Myself and Mrs Hearson can’t wait to have a super year with your wonderful children. We are very lucky that Mrs Hemsley and Mrs Hudson also join us for some lessons each week.
A few things to note:
- Please send your child to school with a named water bottle each day.
- Class 1 PE days this term will be on Monday and Friday.
- Please do label all of your child's clothing, especially PE kit and jumpers!
- Your child should bring a spare pair of underwear and bottoms if you feel they may require these.
Homework will include:
- Spellings which will be tested each Monday (these are linked to class learning)
- Reading (when an adult has listened to your child read, please record this in their reading diary - we aim for at least 3 home reads with an adult per week)
- Year 2 only - Learning times tables including Times Tables Rock Stars games
- Year 2 only - One written task sent home weekly on Friday to be returned by Wednesday of the following week please.
It is going to be a wonderful half term!
Best Wishes, Mrs Scott